You Need An Internet Defamation Lawyer Who Understands Defamation Law & the Web.
Internet Defamation Is Permanent Unless You Take Action
Every defamation attorney knows that Internet defamation, also known as web defamation, is as easy as hitting the ‘submit’ button on any web site. Of course, you want to have the defamatory web site, post, review or comment removed. Understanding your options and chances of success are critical. When defamation occurs on the internet, you need an experienced defamation lawyer who not only understands libel and slander law, but the back-end technology which drives the web. We have an internet defamation attorney who understands how the internet works and is ready to assess your libel or slander issue and help you understand your options.
Common Defamation Client Questions:
- Can I Have the defamatory statement removed from the web site or from Google search results?
- How does an attorney know if the false statement is a fact or an opinion protected by the First Amendment right to Free Speech?
- What if I can not identify the person who posted the defamatory or libelous comment under a false name or is anonymous?
- What damages can my defamation attorney seek by filing a lawsuit alleging libel or slander on the internet?
- What is the difference between libel on the internet, slander and web defamation?
- How does my attorney track an IP address in order to confirm the identity of someone posting lies on the internet? What if the ISP deletes their log IP files?
- I am a victim of internet slander and need to know from my lawyer how quickly I need to take legal action, send a defamation threat letter of file a lawsuit? What is the Statute of Limitations for Defamation?
- How does Section 230 of the Communication Decency Act (CDA) affect my defamation claim if it occurs on the internet?
- What is the difference between internet libel and cyber-bullying or internet bullying?
- Why should I hire an internet lawyer to handle my internet defamation claim?
- What is the difference between false statements of fact and a false light claim?
Whether you are the victim of a defamatory post, comment or article on the internet, or a person who has been wrongly accused of defamation on the internet, we have a lawyer who can help. You need to understand your legal options, the principles of law involved and the costs associated with asserting your legal rights. Contact an internet defamation attorney today to learn more.