Why Choose a Traverse Legal Trademark Attorney?
• Non-compete agreements have become increasingly prevalent and yes – they ARE enforceable.
• From an employer perspective, the enforcement of non-compete agreements can protect their business interests, trade secrets, and client base, among other assets, should an employee with insider knowledge leave their company.
• Every non-compete agreement issue is truly unique, and Traverse Legal’s experienced Non-Compete Law Attorneys can help navigate your options.
• Non-Compete Assessment (Employee)
• Non-Compete Assessment (Employer)
• Non-Compete Agreement Contract Drafting
• Non-Compete Invalidation
• Non-Compete Litigation Assessment
• Non-Compete Litigation
Frequently Asked Questions
For an employee who is being asked to sign a non-compete agreement, it is advised that you are absolutely certain you understand the terms of the agreement before signing. For an employee who has already signed a non-compete agreement and is unable to work due to its boundaries, you may have options if, for example, the terms of the signed non-compete agreement are too general or broad.
Michigan courts DO enforce well-drafted agreements, so it’s imperative that you understand the boundaries and restrictions that will be enforced in the non-compete agreement. If it’s unclear, hiring an attorney to review and explain the terms is a good up-front investment to prevent a more costly non-compete litigation down the road. If the terms are deemed unreasonable, you may have the option to negotiate. With multiple offices nationwide, Traverse Legal can help advise on Michigan non-compete agreements as well as contracts from any state in the U.S. and beyond.
Employers have every right to protect their business interests from unfair competition, and a non-compete agreement that is drafted for the purpose of protecting a specific legitimate business interest or trade secret will do just that. It is always advised that employees who are being asked to sign a non-compete agreement understand and, if applicable, negotiate the terms therein prior to signing the document.
Traverse Legal’s Attorneys are globally recognized for their experience and results in the legal areas of: Complex Litigation, Internet, Trademark, Copyright, Patent, Cybersquatting, Drone, Defamation, Trade Secret, Non-Compete, and Business Law.