Why Choose a Traverse Legal Non-Compete Attorney?
• Non-compete agreements have become increasingly prevalent and yes – they ARE enforceable.
• From an employer perspective, the enforcement of non-compete agreements can protect their business interests, trade secrets, and client base, among other assets, should an employee with insider knowledge leave their company.
• Every non-compete agreement issue is truly unique, and Traverse Legal’s experienced Non-Compete Law Attorneys can help navigate your options.
Experienced Non-Compete Attorneys
Our compete attorneys have been drafting, negotiation and litigating non-compete agreements in Michigan and other sates for over 30 years. If you are looking for a lawyer who understands the nuances of non-compete law, and a law firm that can back that lawyer up with years of experience and training, then you should contact us today.
Our Attorneys Offer the Following Non-Compete Legal Services
• Non-Compete Assessment (Employee)
• Non-Compete Assessment (Employer)
• Non-Compete Agreement Contract Drafting
• Non-Compete Invalidation
• Non-Compete Litigation Assessment
• Non-Compete Litigation
Frequently Asked Questions
For an employee who is being asked to sign a non-compete agreement, it is advised that you are absolutely certain you understand the terms of the agreement before signing. For an employee who has already signed a non-compete agreement and is unable to work due to its boundaries, you may have options if, for example, the terms of the signed non-compete agreement are too general or broad.
Michigan courts DO enforce well-drafted agreements, so it’s imperative that you understand the boundaries and restrictions that will be enforced in the non-compete agreement. If it’s unclear, hiring an attorney to review and explain the terms is a good up-front investment to prevent a more costly non-compete litigation down the road. If the terms are deemed unreasonable, you may have the option to negotiate. With multiple offices nationwide, Traverse Legal can help advise on Michigan non-compete agreements as well as contracts from any state in the U.S. and beyond.
Employers have every right to protect their business interests from unfair competition, and a non-compete agreement that is drafted for the purpose of protecting a specific legitimate business interest or trade secret will do just that. It is always advised that employees who are being asked to sign a non-compete agreement understand and, if applicable, negotiate the terms therein prior to signing the document.